Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy 2012!

I have always been a major proponent of hot yoga, but I must say, it has been a while since I sat in a 105 degree studio for an hour and a half and sweated and bended and stretched and well... you get the idea. I have really missed doing hot yoga, and since having moved to Raleigh this past summer, I have been taking one step at a time to adapting to my new city. I have been on the hunt to find all new doctors, a dentist, an oral surgeon, a dry cleaner, a hair stylist, a tailor, and the list goes on. I have been very successful in my hunt -- however, last on my list was to find a good yoga studio. 

I could not be happier! I must say, I had one of the best hot yoga experiences at Open Door Yoga Studio downtown. People always groan when I mention hot yoga; they think of how miserable it must be to do yoga in 105 degrees for an hour an half. But really, it's just the opposite. It's the most refreshing, yet challenging physical activity you can do to your body. You sweat the entire time, and it feels amazing. With a big bottle of ice water and the right mindset, you will find that you not only feel lighter when you leave, your muscles will be relaxed and toned and you will get the best sleep you've ever had. On average, you burn between 600-1200 calories in the 90 minute class, which is more than most people burn during an average gym workout or run. Some of the primary benefits include leaner, toned muscles, increased use of lungs, better blood circulation, rejuvenated organs and arteries, weight loss, and stress relief to name a few.

Anyone in the Raleigh area, I highly recommend this studio. They have a flexible schedule, great staff, and the best part - you pay on a donation basis! If you have a little more, you pay a little more, but if you don't have as much, you can still get the benefits of hot yoga for a little less. It's a great concept, and a great way of life. 


http://www.opendooryogastudio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment