Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dear Taylor

You have been back at school for only 2 days and I already miss you like crazy.  I know this sounds sappy to most people, but if they'd ever been in a long-distance relationship that is only comprised of actual dates once every six weeks and being hugged and kissed way less often than desired, they too would miss even the toilet seat always being up every time they went to the bathroom. 

The second I pulled away from the airport, I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw you walking away with your whole life folded neatly in a duffel bag and a head on your shoulders that could save the world. I told myself, "One more down, now on to the next semester!" The end to your Christmas break is so bittersweet to me. This is when we get to spend the most time together and celebrate the holidays with our friends and families. I hate our "goodbyes" (or as you like to call them "see you later's"), but at the same time I know that little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel gets a little brighter each time. We are almost half-way there! Can you believe it? I remember the night before you moved away, we were at dinner and you toasted with your glass in the air, "To the next four years." I was so sad you were leaving and my little eyes went blurry and I forced a smile. I will never forget that. 

As you continue on your journey of challenges and all the new invigorating things you will learn and become, I want to tell you how proud of you I am. Your endeavors prove more than just your drive and intelligence, but also your character. You have a deep passion for helping others, and to say you will make a difference in others' lives is an understatement. I love this about you. As much as I hate saying goodbye to you and hate sleeping in without your warm body curled up next to me, I wouldn't trade it for the world. You truly are one of a kind, and you never cease to prove that to not only myself, but to everyone who comes your way. Please always be true to yourself and remain humble through all your accomplishments as your path to success and happiness widens. You are on your way to great things, and whatever you want in life is there for the taking. Hold on to all your passions with two hands, my love. The best is yet to come.

xoxo
Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment