Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"When I loved myself enough, I quit settling for too little"-Kim McMillen

First off, let me just say I LOVE quotes. I am enticed with the idea of putting one's personal philosophy on life and its various components into one sentence or two that leaves plenty of room for subjectivity in a way forcing the reader to alter or enhance her perspective on various topics, even just for a minute. One day at work while designing jewelry and sipping coffee, I stumbled across this book. Immediately, I fell in love. Well, seeing as to how the woman for whom I work is not only fabulous from head to toe on the outside as well as one of the most inspiring persons on the inside that I have ever been so lucky to call my dearest friend, it was no surprise that this book was one of her little treasures that I was fortunate enough to stumble upon in her office. "It brings to life simple, profound, and undeniable truths: our time on earth is limited, we are never alone, and loving others always begins with loving ourselves." Each quote begins with "When I loved myself enough..." and is completed with inspirational tid-bits that you will find are neatly applicable to every day life and how we view ourselves and reality. This book now sits on my desk in my bedroom as a reminder that above all, the key to happiness is to love myself no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment