Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Somebody once said, Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone."

I love this remark by Jen Aniston during an interview with Vogue in 2008. It sums up perfectly how I view life and the world. Sometimes we get intimidated by life. I mean, it's so big and scary out there, life that is, and our innate drives as human beings tell us to seek comfort and do what's "right." Well, the best advice I have ever received was to "grow some balls." I have applied this advice to many areas of my life, including the times when stepping outside my comfort zone seemed the most difficult. I have learned to pursue actual interests and passions of mine and take them seriously. I have learned that I am as good as anyone else, and no one can bring me down without my consent. I have learned how to fall down at times, and how to get back up and dust myself off. I have learned to fall in love and to be loved back like I deserve. I have learned to forgive when it wasn't so easy, and how to accept aspects of my life that cannot be changed. I have learned to stand up for myself and what I believe. I have learned that pleasing myself instead of pleasing others at times makes my relationship with myself stronger, and let me tell you... it has taken a lot of balls. I have learned there are very few people in life whose opinions of me I care about. And I have learned that life truly is about going a little extra and exceeding what I am comfortable with in order to get what I want.

I encourage everyone to step outside your comfort zone today. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment